Hi, I’m Doug. I have a Ph.D. in Linguistics and over 15 years of experience in multimedia content design, development, and presentation. With my expertise in ethnography, accessibility, and the digital humanities, I make digital spaces more inviting for queer people, women, and people of color.
Content Strategy & Design
- content audits & analytics
- metadata tagging & taxonomies
- content mapping for user journeys
- production workflows & priority maps
- storyboarding & wireframing
Editorial (Copy & Managing)
- editorial workflow & calendars
- pages, webinars, videos, podcasts
Qual/Quant for UX Strategies
- audience definition & design
- interviews & moderated discussions
- definition mapping
- factor analysis
- card-sort & hierarchy trees
- A/B testing
- IAAP Certification in Accessibility Core Competencies, 2020. Certification #20NDCDB08
- Ph.D. in Linguistics, 2008. University of Texas at Austin.
- M.A. in Linguistics, 2005. University of Texas at Austin.
- B.A. in Linguistics, 2002. Southern Illinois University — Carbondale.
- B.A. in English, 2002. Southern Illinois University — Carbondale.
- ethnographic research design and analysis
- steering discovery and definition workshops
- writing workshops for content authors
- instructional design and implementation
- MS Office | Adobe Creative Suite
- CMS management: WordPress, Drupal, Joomla